As COVID-19 remains an ongoing global pandemic, we want to assure our customers and participants that we’re taking steps to reduce the risk at our fitness centers and ask for your help in this effort.
The key to reducing the spread of COVID-19 is for all of us to follow the CDC’s recommendations as well as promoting open communication with our members and clients.
Steps We Are Taking
- Adhering to state, local and client guidelines in regards to facility capacity and mask requirements.
- Increasing our cleaning protocols, with more frequent deep cleanings throughout the day.
- Continuing to encourage our members to wipe down all equipment — mats, benches, free weights, cardio and strength machines, etc. — before and after they use them.
- Asking members to please refrain from coming to the fitness center if they’re not feeling well, as is always the case when it comes to illness, for their own wellbeing and in consideration of others.
Steps You Can Take
A path toward sustained health and wellness starts with knowledge and self-care.
- Healthy Habits: In addition to following the CDC’s recommendations to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, these habits support good health anytime:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Monitor your health daily for fever, cough, shortness of breath, or other symptoms of COVID-19.
- Practice self-care: Worry and anxiety can create stress, which takes a toll on your immune system. Make self-care a top priority. Continuing to exercise during a stressful time can be hugely beneficial to mental health, with one exception. If you feel sick, do not come to the fitness center. If you are sick, follow the CDC guidelines to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and other viruses, such as the flu.
Please take the time to educate yourself on the steps you can take to prevent the spread of the flu, COVID-19 and other illnesses. And know that we’ll continue to monitor the situation closely and will provide updates as we have them. Our highest priorities are to ensure our customers and participants are safe and that we’re able to continue to serve you.